Boenicke Audio W8
With the introduction of the W5 a new series of Boenicke Audio speakers evolved. Greater affordability, amazing performance. Scaling up the very successful recipe of the W5 two-way mini, the W8 gets the same 3″ wideband tweeter/mid on a 1st-order high pass, a larger rear-firing ambient dome tweeter, a dedicated 4″ 1st-order low-passed paper-cone midrange and a sidefiring long-throw 6.5″ woofer in a curved rear-line loading arrangement tuned to 28Hz without a crossover. The W8 also gets an optional customized version of Boenicke’s SwingBase whereby the rear of the speaker is wire-suspended off the floor to decouple rather than couple, with the front decoupled by a ceramic roller bearing.
The W8 is offered in three versions, standard, SE and SE+. All share 87dB sensitivity and a nominal 4-ohm impedance. The SE version adds an electromechanical parallel resonator to the bass/midrange, Harmonix Tuning Bases to the widebander, Bybee Quantum Purifiers and a proprietary phase linearisation network. The SE+ version adds Stage II type electromechanical series resonators to all three drivers, a parallel resonator to the woofer and a Steinmusic Speaker Match Signature module.
The standard versions can be order directly from our web site. Before ordering the special editions please contact us to discuss.
Sensitivity: 87 dB / watt / m
Nom. impedance: 4 ohms (SE versions drop to 2 ohms above 10 kHz. As there is little current flowing there, this is not a problem for most amplifiers).
– 6.5″ long throw bass driver, tuned to 28 Hz, running without crossover
– 4″ paper cone bass-midrange driver, 1st order low pass filter, no high pass filter, apple tree phase plug, maple wood cone mounted to magnet.
– 3″ widebander, 1st order high pass filter, unique electromechanical parallel resonator installed.
– Internal wiring orientation-optimised silk-wrapped high-frequency stranded litz
– WBT NextGen binding posts
– Rear ambient tweeter
– Added electromechanical parallel resonator to bass-midrange
– Added Harmonix Tunin Bases to widebander
– Added Bybee Quantum Purifiers
– Added proprietary phase linearisation network
– Added electromechanical series resonators to all 3 drivers, added parallel resonator to bass driver, all parallel and series resonators of STAGE II type
– Added Steinmusic Speaker Match Signature
Choose from walnut, oak, ash tree and cherry.
Rollerbearing coming with both steel and ceramic ball.